You are here:
Home > Advice & Info
Lost & Found Services
If you have lost your dog here is some important information to help reunite you with your dog:
When Looking for Your Lost Dog:
- Tell the staff at the front desk that you are looking for your lost dog.
- Walk through the main kennel to see if your dog is here.
- If you do not see your dog in the main kennel ask to be escorted through the rest of the building to see if your dog is there.
- If you dog is not here:
- Please ask to have the Lost and Found log checked on the computer
- Post a notice on the Lost and Found board, and provide as many details as possible to identify your dog, and a picture if possible (notices are posted for 14 days – if your dog is still missing please ask to have the notice reposted.)
- Post lost notices in your neighborhood
- Call your city’s animal control office (Police Department and/or Service Department). The Deputy can provide this information.
- Place an ad in The Plain Dealer (216-999-5555) and/or your Local newspaper.
- Contact emergency clinics and veterinarian offices
- Check our shelter at least every three days – you are the best person to identify your dog.
If Your Dog is Here:
- You must provide proof of Ownership
- Vet Records
- Any other verifiable proof of ownership
- The following fees will apply:
- Dog License (plus penalty if applicable), impound, housing and feeding, etc.
- Housing and feeding fees will be added daily for the length of the dog’s stay
- Cash or Check only
Other Places to Contact/Look for Your Dog
- Cleveland APL- 1731 Willey Ave.- 216-771-4616- 77N to 90W, get off at West 14th exit, go 2Lights to Kenilworth, Turn Right on Kenilworth, Kenilworth becomes Willey.
- Cleveland Kennels- 2690 West 7th- 216-664-3069- 77N to I490W, Exit 1B(West 7th), Turn Left on West 7th, Kennel is on the Right side.
- Pepperidge Kennels- 7368 Oakhill- 440-232-2964
- Critter Control- East Cleveland- 216-642-3044
- Cleveland Zoo / Metropark Rangers
- Mail Carrier